Trinity was organized on December 19, 1865 and has occupied the present site since 1916, although the building dates to 1870, and is one of the finest examples of High Victorian Gothic in the city of New Haven. Trinity is the oldest Lutheran congregation in Connecticut.
Trinity Lutheran is a parish of many different people; some new to the New Haven area, many here for generations. The familiar faces and families who have made a lifelong commitment to Trinity are continually joined by new faces as our congregation grows.
Students from nearby schools such as Yale University and Quinnipiac University find that Trinity Lutheran Church is the ideal place to feel grounded while away from home, and anyone who visits can appreciate what Trinity offers. From the bowling alleys in the basement, to the pipe organ and world-class concerts, Trinity has something for everyone.
Residents, visitors and newcomers to the New Haven area are always welcomed with a smile and invited to make Trinity their own. Every member of our congregation is encouraged to attend worship regularly and actively participate in the church’s life.
Trinity Lutheran Church is a registered New Haven, Connecticut Landmark, and a congregation of the New England Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.